Wednesday, August 20, 2008

a month since our last goodbye

This is for Nick - who is deeply missed by family and friends

It has been a month since our last goodbye.
I didn't use to like this song Bye Bye by Mariah Carey - I thought it's kinda sad. But the day after your passing away, the radio played this song when I was on the way to work. I thought of you. Since then I've always relate the song to you..

"I never knew I could hurt like this
And everyday life goes on like
"I wish I could talk to you for a while"
"I wish I could find a way try not to cry"
As time goes by
And soon as you reach a better place
Still I'll give the whole world to see your face
And I'm right here next to you
It feels like you gone too soon
The hardest thing to do is say bye bye"

At times in the midst of me doing something, I'd thought of you. It was very hard at first, but I kept telling myself you're in a better place now and happier - it makes it easier to get by. I really hope and pray that you are. God bless.

No comments: