Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Year of Jacky Cheung World Tour 2007 - 14.09.2007

Couple of weeks back I was contemplating going for Jacky Cheung's (张学友) concert. He's my favourite one of the Hong Kong 4 Heavenly Kings. But alas, I could not find anyone to go with :( so I didn't think that much further into it..

Then I saw Kah Khoon's post on MSN.. apparently he had gotten a ticket but couldn't make it due to last minute changes in plans. He was asking if I wanted to buy his ticket at RM150 - he got the RM199 ticket - originally that was the ticket I wanted to get! But friends were either not interested, or got the RM399 ticket which I could not afford! So dilemma then was: whether to go or not? I would be going with his friend, whom I've not met.. so would it be awkward later on if I get all excited and wanted to scream my lungs out along with his fans??!

Finally the decision was made: I'M GOING!! Just a few days before the concert, I looked for some of Jacky Cheung's songs on YouTube.. just to familiarize myself with his songs :) I mean, I know his old songs.. but not that familiar to the extent that I can attempt to sing along!


Excitement mounted up as it drew closer to the concert. My first concert ever.. yay!! Finally, it was 14.09.2007! As it was a Friday, I left sharp at 6pm from office, went to pick up Thien Thien (Kah Khoon's friend who came from Penang, and was gonna be my concert kaki for the night!) from the KTM station. We got along great in an instant, so I thought *phew* I can just scream my lungs out later :P


We reached Bukit Jalil National Stadium at about 7.15pm. Parking was still ok as it was still early. We however did walk quite a distance to the designated entrance by ticket pricing. We got pretty good seats for the RM199 category.. thanks to Kah Khoon and Thien Thien who booked the tickets early :)

The concert started at about 8.40pm.. pretty sharp :) The crowd went wild.. OMG he's finally here!! I was reallllllly excited!!

He started with the song 爱火花 (ai huo hua - "Love Fire Flower") and it was a great song to start the concert with. His dance moves were sexy and the fans went even wilder!! :P He has the most captivating voice! Among the songs he sang that night were 吻別 (wen bie - "Goodbye Kiss"), 想和你去吹吹風 (xiang he ni qu chui chui feng - "Wanna Go for a Walk With You"), 每天愛你多一些 (mei tian ai ni duo yi xie - "Loving You More By The Day"), 忘記他 (Cantonese: mong gei ta - "Forget Him"), 爱是永恒 (ai shi yong heng - "Love Is Forever") 情书 (qing shu "Love Letter"), 李香蘭 (li xiang lan), 离开以后 (Cantonese: lei hoi yi hao "After Leaving"), 月半弯 (Cantonese: yut bun wan), 只想一生跟你走 (Cantonese: ji siong yat sang gan lei zau) and many others... He dedicated the song 讲你知 (Cantonese: gong nei zi - "To Let You Know") for his wife and Yiu Yiu for his daughter. He was also a great entertainer and shared some jokes with his fans.. to which the fans responded with screams and laughter :) And yes, I did scream too.. and I screamed loud :P How could I resist??!! It was therapeutic I tell you!


The best part I loved about his concert is the when he sang a few songs from his celebrated work, Snow Wolf Lake (雪.狼.湖) and the musical Perhaps Love (如果.爱). This was the part where I felt his voice practically embraced you.. it was amazing!! I fell in love with the song 如果.爱, and found the lyrics, especially the opening stanza so meaningful. And the song was well-delivered with expressions :) I could feel the song, feel the lyrics.. *dreamyyy*


Jacky's encore session lasted almost an hour - it ended at about 12am. The last song he sang for the night was 祝福 (zu fu - "Blessings"). I felt so sad it had come to an end, but soooooo glad I decided to go for his concert. It was worth every penny and more!





Jacky Cheung - definitely not awarded the title of "God of Songs" (歌神) for nothing!!
Perhaps...Love?

Perhaps Love (如果.爱) lyrics:


每个人都想明白
谁是自己生命不该错过的真爱
特别在午夜醒来更是会感
慨心动埋怨还有不能释怀
都是因为你触碰了爱...


如果这就是爱...
再转身就该勇敢留下来
就算受伤, 就算流泪
都是生命里温柔灌溉
哦爱... 在回忆里总是那么明白
困惑的心, 流过的泪
还有数不清黑夜等待...
如果这就是爱

如果你... 当时明白
后来的生命里是快乐还是悲哀
特别在夜深人静时想起未来
是否能平静不会想现在...
只是因为你拥有了爱

如果这就是爱...
再转身就该勇敢留下来
就算受伤, 就算流泪
都是生命里温柔灌溉
哦爱... 在回忆里总是那么明白
困惑的心, 流过的泪
还有数不清黑夜等待...
如果这就是爱...
如果这就是爱...

Listen to the full song here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A1iszQELNE

No comments: