Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Good ol' Penang!

Born and raised in Penang, I hardly visited the touristy places. It's only when I have foreign / outstation friends with me that I would bring around and feel like a tourist myself.

This time around, I get that touristy feeling again bringing Jayson and Taka around :) It was fun.. all the sight-seeing and eating (oh yeah, Penang food is still the best, esp hawker food!)

First we started with Kek Lok Si Temple :)



































Jayson & Taka
























































What's the story, morning glory?




























...of 2 HORSES and a ROOSTER :P

























Pearl of the Orient at a glance...


Had dinner with Vivian and family at E&O Hotel. These were taken after the dinner.










...as they wished upon the starry night...

Jayson left for Japan early on Monday. After sending him off, brought Taka around for more food at Swatow Lane (my favourite!) and then to Fort Cornwallis. The last time I've been there was probably 12 years ago for an assignment on History haha :P





































Then off we headed to Batu Feringghi for foot reflexology :P Had craving for coconut drinks hehe so went to the nearby stall facing the sea. Oh they played 2 of my favourite songs - California Dreamin' and Itsy Bitsy Tiny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini (yes, my karaoke song :P) hehe...














































Taka's first coconut!

























At about 4pm, we left Batu Feringghi and joined Vivian, Ivan and Chen Yi for drinks at Häagen-Dazs, Belissa Row :)

























The lovebirds! ;)



































Me and Chen Yi




























Chocolate fondue!




































After all the guilt at Häagen-Dazs, we headed to Bali Hai for dinner.. this would foreseeably result in a lot of hard work the subsequent weeks haha :(


























Girlfriends - me & Vivian ;)


























Taka, me, Vivian


...and so we FEASTED!!!...
























Taka - presenting the trademark pose of Japan ;)

No comments: